Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Crime alert: various locations.

A wrap-up of recent crime-related emails:

**********
This morning I was leaving the house at 6:30am and saw a suspicious white truck driving slow onto E Charlotte Cir. I thought it was odd since those that cut through Charlotte Cir drive faster and why would you need to cut through at 6:30am?

Okay - he drives slowly past my house, David's house (Fyfe's old house), with his brakes on. He slows completely to a halt at Merrill's driveway, backs up and shines his lights at an angle into the carport. He backs up further to semi parallel park on the left hand side of the street - approx 10 ft from the curb & sat there.

I back out of my driveway and move closer to his location. He moves forward and around the corner. If he was cutting through the neighborhood, he would've turned left onto MaryAnn and out onto Walnut Grove. Instead he turned right onto MaryAnn. So (being stupid!), I followed him. He tried to park on the side of the street before N Charlotte Cir (so I could pass him)
but I just waited for him to move. He obviously knew I was behind him and watching his actions. Then he turned into the driveway next to Leah's house and sat. He was waiting for me to move forward and pass the driveway but I waited. I knew he didn't live there and thought I'd wait it out (Again, stupid!). He turned around and our cars are now facing each other. I sped past - took a right on Charlotte N and race around the corner to see if he exited the neighborhood or was heading back toward Merrill's house. I didn't see him so I guess he left?

I called David (husband) a few minutes ago (now 11:00am) and he said he noticed the same white truck slowly driving through the neighborhood. I'm tired of these guys casing/breaking in/stealing in our neighborhood. He was absolutely without a doubt casing houses.

I did not call the police. I was trying to memorize the plate when the incident on Mary Ann went down and I lost all train of thought. The truck was a White older model F-150/Silverado type truck. David said he saw BM driving and there was a black scratch in the bumper area.

**********
On 10/29/2008 a home was burglarized some time between approximately 9am and 5:30pm at 215 Avon Road. Door in the garage was pried open and they took a laptop, video camera, jewelry box, DVD player and digital camera. The videos and pictures on the cameras are the most important thing so keep your eyes peeled for any items possibly thrown out on the street.

**********
My friend's house was broken into 10/29 while he and his wife were at work. They live on Charleswood west of Waring. The back door was kicked in and they were completely cleaned out. The only item of value that was not taken was their securely mounted TV, though it was destroyed as they completely tore down the mantle and sheetrock while trying to steal it. This seems to be yet another break-in where the door was kicked in to gain access.

**********
I'd like to report a car break-in (broke rear driver's side window) on the corner of Elwood and Mendenhall. The package stolen from the vehicle was discarded on Mendenhall and recovered.

**********
Corner of Shady Grove & Mendenhall...
I wanted to inform you that our house was broken into Thursday, October 23 around 11:00 a.m. We have an alarm system that went off, an 80 lb lab, and baby gates that are an obstacle even if you do know how to operate them; but the burglar did come into the house and rummaged through drawers and closets. Fortunately, it does not appear that anything was taken.

This morning I was informed by our postman that yesterday, Thursday, October 30, there was a suspicious vehicle pulled into our carport at 12:44 p.m. The postman watched the car and the occupant, took down the car's description and tag number, and the car finally pulled out and left. Of course, these two instances could be related or completely exclusive of each other. Here is the car information:
Silver Grand Am
Shelby Tags - 399 LQM
Rear tinted window
Multiple decals on front windshield above the windshield wipers

No comments: