Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Crime alert: Elwood, Summer, Verosa

From recent emails:

Elwood:
I came home from work this afternoon around 5:15 p.m. When I pulled into the driveway, I notice that a 15 speed Diamondback mountain bike was no longer in the carport. Our neighbor had noticed a truck leaving our driveway around 2:30 p.m. She was busy at the time, and did not have a good description. She says it was a large blue truck with an insignia on the side.

Kroger on Summer:
Yesterday morning (last Thursday), my mom was filling up my Suburban at the Kroger gas station on Summer. She had my two-year-old in the back seat and got out ONLY to put the gas cap back on the tank, forgetting this time to lock the doors. While she did that, someone reached in the passenger side and took my wallet and her whole purse while my son watched. She never saw anything or knew that anything had happened...my son was the one to tell her someone took our stuff. IT IS INFURIATING, but we are so thankful that she and my son are ok!!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO LOCK DOORS and be EXTRA CAREFUL at that station.

Verosa:
Early Sunday at 4998 Verosa (a house across the street from my son) burglars broke in between 1:00 and 3:00 AM. Four adults and one week-old baby were sleeping in the house at the time of the entry. The house has no alarm and the back door the burglars used for entry was possibly unlocked as there was no damage to the back entry. Two cars were parked in front of house on the street and a Lexus was in the carport. They stole the Lexus keys (in the kitchen) and then stole the car. Credit cards and money were also taken from the kitchen. Evidently they did not go any further into the house. Charges were already on the credit cards this AM. They found out about the burglary when the mother or baby had awakened near 3:00 AM. Police came and filed a report of the incident.

Last week my son’s car was broken into at 5005 Verosa. Burglars stole golf clubs that were in the rear of his car. They broke a side rear window which cost $300 to replace.

No comments: